Have you ever wondered how certain people are so successful? There is an old saying that luck and preparation always meet opportunity. The most successful people set themselves up for success by preparing all the time, and Entrepreneur discussed in a recent article that most successful people share certain habits that allow them to flourish in their endeavors.
As your partner in financial success and planning with a brand promise to invest in you, we're excited to pass these pointers along and share how our Seacoast Wealth Management team can lend a hand in your own financial success story.
1. They Meditate Ray Dalio, the founder of Bridgewater Associates, told The Huffington Post in 2013 that "Meditation, more than anything in my life, was the biggest ingredient of whatever success I've had." Dalio, however, is not alone. Oprah, Rupert Murdoch, Russell Simmons, Arianna Huffington, Bill Ford and Padmasree Warrior have all attributed mediation as a huge component to their success. Taking care of your body and mind by relaxing, exercising, healthy eating and getting enough sleep are all ways to improve your chances of success.
2. They Wake Up Early President Obama, Richard Branson, Jack Dorsey, Larry Schultz, Tim Cook and Xerox CEO Ursula Burns are known to be early risers. How has this attributed to their success? Because early risers are able to start their days ahead of everyone else by responding to others, exercising and finding some personal time, early risers also tend to be happier and are more proactive.
3. They Network Successful people realize the importance of networking. In fact, research has found that networking can lead to people performing better at work and increases the chance of landing a job. Networking also helps successful people be more innovative by participating in idea sharing or conversing around shared topics of interest or expertise. According to Dale Carnegie’s classic “How To Win Friends & Influence People,” successful people rarely complain or criticize. They are sincere and try to be empathetic.
4. They Keep Themselves Busy Successful people are rarely idle. Achievers like LBJ and Robert Moses were known to work 60-65 hours per work. Elon Musk works a whooping 80-100 hours per week and has said, “That's the type of work ethic an entrepreneur needs to have.”
5. They Know When to Say "No" “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.” - Warren Buffett
Successful people realize that by saying "no" to negativity, extra work and activities that waste time, they can focus on increasing their productivity. If they say "yes" to everyone or everything, they’ll be too distracted and will not accomplish tasks that have to be done.
7. They Write To-Do Lists the Night Before Successful people are known for writing their to-do-lists the night before so that they are able to set priorities for the following day. They number their lists as well to identify which tasks are most important.
8. They Set Goals and Visualize Joel Brown interviewed a number of high achievers for Entrepreneur and found that “95 percent of the successful achievers I have interviewed practice writing down their goals, plans, or visions for success on a regular basis.” Successful people do this the night before, or first thing in the morning so that they are prepared to tackle the challenges that await them.''
9. They Manage Their Money Successful people have gotten where they are because they were able to manage their finances well. This means that they invest their money wisely, look for new opportunities and set aside emergency funds. They are more generous and willing to donate to those who need help. In addition, the author of the original Entrepreneur article found that his marriage has become 10x better with enough savings in the bank for a year of expenses, which saved him and his wife when his last business venture failed.
Your local Seacoast Bank Wealth Management team is always available and excited to speak with you about an array of services including Trust, Estate Planning, Investments, Insurance and more that will allow you to plan for future financial success and manage your wealth like #9 on the list above suggests. Click here or call 866.710.5778 to get connected with a member of our team today and begin your path to success.
Additionally, keep an eye out on our blog for monthly "social meet up" calendars, which are free networking events available to you!