Our Commitment to You
Substantial measures are in place at Seacoast Bank to protect your identity and your accounts against theft and personal fraud. Our bank privacy policies protect your personal and financial information while password protection for online activity helps to ensure online security. Encryption of online transactions also help protect you against hackers.
Listed below are some simple precautions you can take to help keep your personal information safe:
- Beware of mail, e-mail and telephone solicitations
- Invest in a shredder to destroy documents
- Never leave receipts at ATMs, gas pumps, or bank workstations
- Sign all credit cards upon receipt
- Check all personal and business accounts frequently
- Shield your PIN number when using an ATM
- Educate yourself about Identity Theft
What to Do If You're a Victim
Contact Seacoast Bank immediately. Our customer service team will help you through the process and contact your credit card issuers immediately. We will also help close your accounts and create new passwords for any new accounts.
Beyond contacting Seacoast, the following steps are encouraged:
- File a police report with your local police department and obtain a copy.
- Check your online accounts such as eBay, Amazon, PayPal, online banking accounts, etc.
- Contact the three major credit bureaus to request a "fraud alert" or a security freeze to be placed on your credit report.
- Check with the post office for any unauthorized change of address requests.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Prevent Fraud & Control Spending on Your Seacoast Visa® Consumer Debit Card with SecurLOCK™
Accessible on Seacoast’s Mobile Banking app
With SecurLOCK, you can easily:
- Help prevent fraud if your card is lost or stolen
- Control spending by setting limits on withdrawals or transactions
- Customize spending ability by online, mobile or in-store purchases
- Block international or out-of-area transactions
SecurLOCK also provides real-time transaction alerts so you always know when your card is in use. And you have 24/7 access to review your transaction history, right at your fingertips.
Identity Theft Protection
We recommend that you remain vigilant for incidents of fraud or identity theft by reviewing your account statements and free credit reports for any unauthorized activity. You may obtain a copy of your credit report, free of charge, once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide credit reporting companies. To order your annual free credit report, please visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll free at 1-877-322-8228.
If you believe you are the victim of identity theft or have reason to believe your personal information has been misused, immediately contact the Federal Trade Commission and/or the Florida Attorney General’s Office. Additional information from the FTC about steps you can take to avoid identity theft as well as information about fraud alerts and security freezes can be obtained by calling, toll free, 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338) or visiting www.ftc.gov/idtheft. You should also contact your local law enforcement authorities and file a police report. We recommend obtaining a copy of the police report in case you are asked to provide copies to creditors to correct your records.
Cyber Security Tips & Advice
Cyber security continues to be an important topic and protecting your information should be a high priority while navigating the digital world. Seacoast Bank understands the importance, which is why we encourage you to check out the tips and advice from stopthinkconnect.org.