As you review this Policy, please keep in mind that:
- Our Online Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without parental consent. To learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.ftc.gov/.
- This Policy supplements, but does not replace, the Online Banking Agreement. In the event of a conflict between this Policy and the Online Banking Agreement, this Policy will control.
What Information We Collect:
When you use our Online Services, we collect personal information that you provide, including in our forms, applications, surveys and other online fields. This information may include your name, mailing or email address, telephone number(s), government identification number(s), account number(s), financial information, transaction history, geolocation, contact lists, photographs, biometric and other personal information you may provide. If you have a financial product or service with us for personal, family, or household purposes, we will share and use information we collect from or about you in accordance with our Privacy Notice available on our website.
Non-personal information we may collect from your use of our Online Services may include your IP address, browser and/or device information, including location information, if enabled on your device, type of operating system you are using, information about the site or advertisement that brought you to our Online Services, and the parts of our Online Services that you use.
Android and iOS App Permissions
When you download Seacoast’s app on a mobile device, depending on your software version, you will be prompted to accept certain permissions. Below are the permissions that may be requested by the Seacoast app.
Why We Collect This Information
We may need this information for regulatory and security purposes, or to provide certain location-based services (i.e. to locate a Seacoast branch or ATM).
We may need this information to permit one-touch dialing within our app. Seacoast will not access your phone log and to read your phone status and identity.
Camera / Photos / Media
The Seacoast app requests access, with your consent, to capture and populate information to permit access and to process certain transactions (i.e. facial recognition log-on, mobile deposits).
The Seacoast app requests access, with your consent to wearables to permit access to account balances
Device and App History
We may use this information to:
We may need this information to modify or delete SD card contents or to read the contents of your shared storage.
Enabling access to your contacts is one option to process certain transactions utilizing person to person payments such as Zelle®*. Contact names, emails, and phone numbers may be shared to help make it easier to find and pay people you trust. This information is used to prepopulate forms when adding a contact for the purposes of making a payment to someone you know. This information is not shared with any other party or used for any other purposes. You can turn off contact permission for this app in your phone Settings at any time.
We may need this information to:
How We Collect Information:
We collect information through various means, including the information you provide directly to our Online Services, information collected through third parties, as described below, and in an automated fashion, through your browser, cookies, pixel tags, clear gifs, web beacons, flash cookies, and other technologies.
Pixel tags, clear gifs, web beacons and flash cookies are transparent tags that are placed on a website, email or other message and are used to measure the actions of the visitor opening the page that contains the clear gifs and allow us to evaluate the effectiveness of our communications, detect and prevent fraud, and advertise.
Cookies are small text tiles that are stored on your computer or mobile device that allow us to collect certain information, such as your browser type, the time you spend on our online sites and the pages you visit.
How We Use Information:
The information Seacoast collects from and about you is used to improve your service and experience with our Online Services. We may use your information:
- To process your requests, transactions, applications and inquiries,
- To verify your identity using location-based data,
- To allow you to apply for products or services (e.g., open a checking account or other financial product) and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services,
- To provide you with updates on your accounts, products and services, such as changes to terms, conditions or policies,
- To inform you about important information (e.g., special offers) regarding products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled,
- To monitor usage and/or performance, improve customer experience on our Online Services, ensure technological compatibility with visitors' computers or other electronic or mobile devices, or to conduct aggregate analyses on usage patterns,
- To perform analytics concerning your use of our Online Services, including the pages and advertisements you view utilizing Google Analytics and/or other third-party tools,
- To deliver advertising to you directly or on third-party websites,
- To allow you to access your online accounts,
- To recognize you when you return to our Online Services,
- For risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, and to increase security of our Online Services,
- To provide you with personalized offers and customize your experience with Seacoast, and/or
- To comply with applicable legal requirements.
How We Share Information:
If you are a Seacoast customer, we may share personal information that we collect about you with our service providers, affiliates, joint marketers, and non-affiliates in accordance with our Privacy Notice available on our website.
- Service Providers, Affiliates or Joint Marketers. We may disclose certain personal and non-personal information we collect from your use of our Online Services to companies that perform services on our behalf, including those who assist us in processing transactions, preparing and mailing statements, and responding to user inquiries. In addition, we may disclose that information to service providers that perform marketing services for us and to financial companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
- Non-Affiliates. We may disclose information about you to non-affiliates as required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, respond to inquiries from government authorities or defend legal actions. We do not share information with non-affiliates in order to market to you.
Third-Party Information & Sites
Seacoast contracts with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on third-party websites and mobile applications. We may use information we collect as described above to assist these advertising companies in selecting which of our advertisements and offers may appeal to you. We may also collect information about you from other online and offline sources, including credit reporting agencies and other third-party sources as permitted by law.
Protecting the Information We Share:
Your browser may allow you to choose to not have your activities tracked by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin. Note, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to access your accounts online with Seacoast. Therefore, if you set your browser options to disallow cookies, you may limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Online Services.
We or our third-party advertising service providers, including network advertising companies, may use certain information about your online activities, such as websites visited and search key words entered, to help determine which of our advertisements may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about how Google uses data through Google Analytics, and how you can set your preferences for how Google advertises to you, please follow the links below:
We or our third-party service providers may also associate the information that we collect online to recognize you and associate your devices with each other to provide you with seamless access and to customize your user experience on our Online Services across your devices. If you prefer not to receive targeted advertising based on your use of our Online Services, you can opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information. Many network advertising programs also allow you to manage the interest categories as they apply to your online browsing activities. For information about your choices to opt-out of targeted online advertising click here: https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Please remember that even if you opt out of targeted advertising, you may still see our advertisements when you are browsing online. However, the advertisements may not be tailored to you and your interests.
Data Security Measures
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. These measures comply with federal law and include computer safeguards, secured files and buildings. Some of the tools we use include, but aren't limited to:
- Data encryption — Strong encryption protocols are used that prevent unauthorized individuals from intercepting and viewing your information while it travels to and from our network.
- Email encryption — Email encryption is used to allow us to securely send messages and enables you to reply securely.
It is also important that you protect your personal information. We will never request personal information, such as social security number, account numbers, PINs, or passwords, by email, phone calls or texts. If you receive an email, call, or text message that appears to be from Seacoast asking for your personal information, please contact us at 866-710-5778 to report the suspicious activity.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through Online Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained within our Online Services.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into Online Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email through our Customer Service page on the website or through the Message Center after logging into your online banking profile to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Policy Updates: If we make updates to this Policy, we will revise the Policy and the “Updated Date” posted at the top of this Policy. Updates are effective as soon as they are published. Your use of our Online Services following any updates is your acceptance of the updated Policy.
Attention: Information Security Officer
815 Colorado Ave.
Stuart, FL 34994
*Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.