What makes the perfect Father’s Day here in Florida? We asked you, our readers, to share your best ideas for a picture-perfect Sunshine State day for dad, and you delivered! Read on for the best of Florida, from relaxing mornings on the golf course to a quiet day on the waterways, plus unique at-home ideas to show dad you care this Father’s Day.
Central Florida/Space Coast Picks
- Father’s Day Picnic Buffet at Rosen Centre Hotel
- Dads Get in Free at Leu Gardens
- Free Summer Concerts at Daytona Beach
- Kayaking at Wekiwa Springs
- Simulator Time at Gander Mountain
- Orlando City Soccer Club
- Orlando Magic Basketball Games
- Ziplining at Forever Florida
Treasure Coast/South Florida Picks
- Biking Local Trails
- Over 15 Waterfront Restaurants - Fort Lauderdale
- Picnics at Broward and Palm Beach Parks
- Fishing at Deerfield Beach International Fishing Pier
- Golf at PGA Village
- Spa Day at Waldorf Astoria Spa
Mid State Picks
- Dali Museum St. Petersburg
- Florida Aquarium
- Dad’s Eat Free at GameTime Tampa
- Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Games
You don’t need to spend a lot to make Father’s Day great. Try one of these at home ideas and gifts and make this the best Father's Day yet!
- Visit your local Home Depot for free kids’ workshops on the first Saturday of each month. Find your local Home Depot here.
- DIY a t-shirt for dad or grandpa made by you and the little ones like the options here or here.
- Give dad control of the remote and watch a baseball/basketball/golf/tennis game together. Sometimes just spending time together is the best gift!
- Breakfast in bed is always a win, especially if the kids help make breakfast.
- Visit your local nursery and pick out some new plants for the yard. You can do the planting or give dad the time to do it, depending on his likes.
- Homemade picture frames are easy! Use popsicle sticks, or decorate a basic frame with your favorite craft supplies.
- Help your kids write up a Father’s Day coupon book, including things like, Mowing the Lawn, Control of the Remote, A Super Big Hug.
- Make dad a special dinner. Use the crock pot and have the little ones help so that you are free to spend the day together.
- Make dad his own trophy to show him how special he is. Try the one found here.
Did your favorite Florida spots make the list? It's not too late to comment on our Facebook post to add your input!