(Photo Credit: Maksym Plotnikov)
Two key Seacoast Bank markets - Orlando and Port Saint Lucie - were named among 18 metros projected to see the most economic growth in 2016, according to a new report from the U.S. Conference of Mayors prepared by IHS Global Insight, as reported by Orlando Business Journal.
Florida retirement communities dominated the top of the list, whereas in recent years oil and energy metros have led growth projections, according to the report, outlined by Bloomberg.
Here are the top 18 metros and their projected growth:
1. Naples, Fla. (4.9%)
2. Sebring, Fla. (4.8%)
3. The Villages, Fla. (4.7%)
4. Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Fla. (4.5%)
5. Austin, Texas (4.4%)
6. Raleigh, N.C. (4.3%)
7. Fayetteville, Ark., and Ocala, Fla. (tie, 4.2%)
9. Grants Pass, Ore.; San Jose; Laredo, Texas; Dallas, Texas; Orlando, Fla. (tie, 4.1%)
14. Provo, Utah; McCallen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas; Homassa Springs, Fla.; Punta Gorda, Fla.; Port St. Lucie, Fla. (tie, 4.0%)
We're proud to see Florida dominating the list of communities with the strongest projected economic growth, and we're honored to be a presence in two of these communities as a banking partner in both business and life.